Monday, April 27, 2009

Reflection & Nostalgia

It's funny and though this title may lend a more solemn & somber tone, this post isn't meant to be regretful by any means so much as hmmmm things that make you think.

I recently had a dream involving someone I used to know, someone I was friends with in junior high mostly, and associated with in high school. But my attention sticks more back to who I was, or rather who I seemed to be in those days than anything else.

I'm sure anyone who knows me from junior high or high school might be "shocked" by who and what I seem to have become, but when I look back at the people I would even be likely to talk to nowadays it dawns on me that I really don't talk to too much of anyone from "back home". The 'friends' I associated with all lost touch at the end of high school if not before then and save for 2 who I occasionally speak to that's it.

It's funny how I never really noticed it - but somehow not so surprising now that I think of it. I felt cramped when I lived there, and I really couldn't be myself because I "wasn't allowed" and now that I have had my freedom and I can express myself as I please - I find myself in another predicament of enclosure (although that's another story).

But all in all it's just very funny. I'm sure any who knew me would read this and quite possibly be perplexed at this person writing, realizing that they probably didn't know me at all when we were talking and now it is but more evident.

No comments:

Post a Comment