Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Water & the Tao...

By releasing the thoughts of my day I already can see the inner beauty of the message before me. One of my habits while I am walking the Path of Water is that every so many days I will read a chapter in Wayne Dyer's book Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life today I am up to the 8th verse which deals with water...

Two things strike me upon reading this, first I am at the 8th verse, a mystical and powerful number for me along this path especially. Secondly, and even more obviously than the first is the note that the subject of today's verse from the Tao Te Ching is about water.

I stayed up late and awoke cranky, my stomach hurting and my mind milling over the many things I feel I have to get done in the next two days. This stress only contributing to the discomfort I was having to begin with.

However, one thing I am implementing on this path - as well as in my life period is the law of attraction. If you've seen me on Twitter you might well have noted my points about the law and that I "love it" :) But really, as a Witch, it's nothing new to me. The law of attraction is a, and perhaps the, fundamental law of the Universe. It's what sympathetic magick is based upon and that is one of the simplest and most basic forms of magick - simply put like attracts like.

If you've heard of Wayne Dyer, or "The Secret", or any of the other writings by various authors connected with one of the two you've likely heard about the law of attraction. You might have taken it forgranted or thought it nonsense, but that could not be farther from the truth and even now you've likely been affected many ways by the law - plainly - and not even realized it.

Perhaps the greatest example of it at work is this: you know when you're around someone who is down in the dumps and "always" seems to be moaning and bitching and complaining. Eventually, along with getting tired of their rut, you will feel as they do. This is because they, by continuing "negative" expressive habits, reinforce their circumstances and create more of the same. This boils down to us all "getting what we put out there" or creating our lives.

Now there is a large note of responsibility in here, that many folk will baulk at....you mean I who want nothing more than this, or that, and this caused this bad in my life or that bad? Yes. Fear, Doubt, and Worry are the primary culprits that help us continue this pattern (but sadness and anger also run a close second). When we give in to these things and succumb to the patterns that they are part, we invite those patterns into our lives ever more. One way to combat this is to turn your attention away from them and think of all that you have to be grateful for - friends, family, free will, a life, your health, the littlest things and the big things. When we are focusing on one of the "bad" emotions we are blocking out the good ones. You likely know all too well that when you are in a bad mood you really don't want to be cheered up till you're ready, and often you may resent others helping you. This is the ego talking - trying to control and make it's demands for it's own satisfaction rather than for the higher good.

Another pointer is so speak like you have what you want - this continues the gratitude and invites positive feelings into your line of sight. Saying that you have something makes you happy, so step it up a notch and phrase it that way, "I am so happy and grateful (now) that...Thank you!" That sends out positive vibes and those will return to you!

And while to those who are cynical this may sound like a bunch of "optimistic mumbo jumbo" consider this. When was the last time that you were worried, hurt, upset, angry or the like and said, "I am happy that I have this..." or "Thank you" in a genuine manner of the words? It's likely you never have, and rather instead focused all the more on what you didn't have or did not wholeheartedly consider what you Do have. Make the decision to change that now and the wonders will not cease!

Blessings to you on your journeys towards abundance!

No comments:

Post a Comment